BY Nicholas Wall
1. BARRY – This stone and burial place belongs to John Barry, Shipwright, 1759. Here lieth the boddy of Patk. Brry his son.
2. BERRELL – This stone and burial place belongeth to Frances Berrell of New Grange and his posterity. Here lieth the body of ? Berrell wife to the above Frances Berrell who departed this life ? day of April 1741 and in the 62nd year of her age. 3.
BERRILL – Here lieth the body of Thomas Berrill son of Edward Berrill who departed this life the 28th of August 1734 aged 28 years. Here lieth also the body of Bridget Berrill who departed this life the 8th May 1729 aged 20 years. Requiescant in pace. Here lyeth the body of Edward Berrill who departed this life on the 3rd May Anno Domini 1740 and in the 84th year of his age. Here lieth the body of Hester Berrill alias Dowdall who departed this life the 23rd January 1762 aged 89 years.
4. BERRILL – see MARRY
5. BERRILL – In memory of Dessie Berrill, Dowth, who died 27th July 1967 aged 17. His grandmother Bridie Berrill, Rossin, also members of the Brien family.
6. BERRILL – In loving memory of Clare Berrill, Rossin, who died 28th February 1988 aged 88.
7. BLUNT – see FLANAGAN
8. BRANAGAN – Of your charity pray for the souls of Richard and Mary beloved parents of John Branagan, Mell, Drogheda and his wife Rose who died January 9th 1892. Also Patrick, Rose, Mary, Anne, Richard and Michael children of the above John and Rose Branagan. John Branagan died October 4th 1895 also Margaret Branagan died in New York 14th March 1910.
9. BREWIN – Erected by Francis Brewin, Loughborough, England in memory of his daughter Eileen who died 27th August 1926.
10. BRIEN – see BERRILL.
11. BRUNKARD – Erected by William Brunkard, Payer, AD1824.
12. BRYAN – see COWLEY.
13. BRYNE – see KELLY.
14. CALLAN – This stone was erected by Patrick Callan of Littlegrange, near Townley hall, in loving memory of his beloved wife Anne Murphy who departed this life the 8th October 1806 aged 30 years. May she rest in peace Amen. Also Anne Murphy who died in 1844 aged 35 years and Mary Murphy who died in 1829.
15. CARROLAN – Here lieth the body of Owen Carrolan who departed this life 2nd August 1744 aged 31 years. Also his wife Mary Carrolan. This stone was erected by Patrick Meryman.
16. CLARKE – Erected by James Clarke, Ballybunion, in memory of his father Thomas who died 28th February 1922 aged 75 years. His mother Roseann who died 3rd February 1944 aged 90 years. His brother John Joseph who died 24th July 1897 aged 19 years. His brother Davitt who died 23rd June 1943 aged 54 years and his brother Phillip Clarke I.C.A. killed in action,Dublin, EasterWeek 1916 aged 41 years. Also his brother Thomas who died 9th September 1965 aged 80 years. Margaret Clarke died 19th October 1930 aged 36. Her husband Nicholas died 9th March 1966 aged 78. Patrick Clarke died 16th February 1973 aged 93 years. William Clarke Died 22nd June 1981 aged 56 years.
17. CLARKE – see McCULLIN.
18. CLARKE – Erected by James Clarke in memory of his father Thomas Clarke, late of Platin, who died 3rd July 1784 aged 70 years.
19. CONNOLLY – In loving memory of Christina Connolly, Rathmullen, Drogheda who died 14th January 1997 aged 69 years
20. CONNOLLY – Pray for the soul of Cormick Connolly who departed this life April 13th 1792 aged 90 years.
21. CONWAY – Erected by Michael Conway of Proudfootstown in memory of his wife Mary Conway who died February 1817 aged 40 years and of his son James and daughter Mary who died young. And also his father-in-law James Drew of Proudfootstown who died December 1814 aged 70 years.
22. CONWAY – Erected by Patrick Conway of Drybridge in memory of his ancestors Patrick and Alice Conway of Dowth and his son Patrick Conway who died in August 1794 in the 16th year of his age. Also here lieth the remains of the above named Patrick who died 1st March 1822 aged 70 years. Also Margaret his wife who died 14th December 1832 aged 82 years and his brother Chris Conway who died 2nd May 1846 aged 90 years.
23. CONWAY – Erected by Patrick Conway of Drogheda in memory of his mother Anne Conway who departed this life on the 10th of May 1806 aged 50 years. Also his father Thomas Conway who departed this life on the 7th February 1825 aged 70 years. Also his sons Michael, John, James and Mathew Conway who died young and also his beloved daughter Anne Conway who departed this life on the 9th of May 1836 in the 8th year of her age.
24. COURTNEY – This stone was erected by Luke Courtney of Barristown in memory of his father Patrick Courtney who departed this life February 4th 1733 aged 72 years. And likewise his mother Judy Courtney who departed this life August 1st 1755 aged 89 years.
25. COURTNEY – This stone was erected by the direction of Mary Courtney of Drogheda in memory of her beloved husband Luke Courtney who departed this life July the 18th AD1776 aged 41 years.
26. COWLEY – Erected AD 1818 by Thomas Cowley in memory of Anne Bryan and his posterity. Here lies the above named Thomas. He died AD1821 aged 47 years.
27. CRILLY – In memory of John Crilly,Kellystown, died 17th July 1934. His wife Bridget died 19th May 1938. Their daughter Katie died 16th May 1905. Their son Michael died 30th December 1959. His wife Jane died 18th February 1969.
28. CUNIGAM – see FOX.
29. CUNLIFFE – see DREW.
30. DALY – In loving memory of Patrick Daly who died 6th December 1918. James Martin died 25th September 1945 and his wife Mary Martin died 25th January 1952. Their sons John died 12th May 1977 and James died 12th February 1979. In memory of a dear son Jonathan Gorman died 22nd August 1984 age 2 years.
31. DEVIN – In loving memory of my dear wife Margaret ( Peggy ) Devin, Kellystown, who died 17th March 1964 in her 34th year.
32. DEVIN – Have mercy o Lord on the souls of William Devin who died January 1841 and his wife Margaret who died August 1846 and his son Luke who died May 1889. His son Thomas and his wife Rose and two of their children John and Margaret who are buried here. And his grandson Thomas son of Patrick Devin who died March 27th 1890. Ann Devin died 12th September 1912. Patrick died 19th November 1949. Catherine died 1st October 1969.
33. DOGGETT – In loving memory of Margaret Doggett, Monknewtown, who died 22nd December 1933 and her son Sean who died 10th February 1944. Her husband John who died 8th February 1956. Their son Peter who died 1st September 1989.
34. DOGIT – This stone was erected by Margaret Dogit alias Farly to the memory of her husband Andrew Dogit of Dowth who departed this life April 15th 1771 aged 49 years.
35. DOONAN – see O’HIGGINS.
36. DOWDALL – see BERRILL.
37. DOWNEY – This stone and burial place belongeth to Hugh Downey of Oldbridge and his posterity. Here lieth ye body of his son Patrick Downey who departed this life June 29th AD1766 aged 11 years.
38. DREW – This stone was erected by Ellen Cunliffe Drew of Woodfarm in memory of her husband James Drew who died 10th March 1854 aged 52 years and their daughter Anna Jane who died 21st June 1845 aged 4 years. Also James Robert who died 10th April 1854 aged 14 years and Charles Marron who died 30th November 1876 aged 30 years. Ellen Cunliffe Drew wife of James Drew died 14th November 1890. Also Ellen Octavia Drew their daughter who died 26th October 1915.
39. DREW – see CONWAY.
40. DREW – Erected by Mary Drew in memory of her father Pat Drew. Also of her brothers Matthew and Thomas and also her uncle James Drew.
41. DREW – This stone and burial place belongeth to Antony Drew and Stephen Drew. Underneath lieth the body of Patrick Drew their father who died ye 26th March 1738 aged 70 years. Also the above Antony who died May 1785 aged ?
42. DRUE – This stone and burial place belongeth to Nicholas Drue of Monknewtown and his posterity. Here lieth the body of John Drue who departed this life 16th March 1738 aged 56 years. Also his son Walter Drue who departed this life 29th June 1751 aged 26 years. Also Michele wife of Patrick, son to the above Nicholas Drue, died 13th April 1805 aged 48. With their daughter Kathleen who died 19th May 1839 aged 11 years.
43. DUFF – In loving memory of Joan Duff ( nee Powderly ), Mt. Fortescue House, Collon late of Kellystown, died 21st December 1958 aged 42 years.Also her infant son Nicholas born and died January 1958. Her parents Catherine and Patrick also her uncles Denis, John and James and deceased members of the Powderly family Kellystown.
44. DUFFEY – This stone was erected by Catherine Duffey in memory of her husband James Duffey, Cooper, of West Street, Drogheda who departed this life July 24th 1784 aged 46 years.
45. DUFFY – Here lieth the body of Patrick Duffy of Legboy who departed this life the 18th day of July 1747 aged 63 years. Here also lies the body of Margaret Duffy wife to the above Patrick who departed this life the 7th day of April 1761 aged 70 years. Here also lies the body of Katherine Duffy, daughter of the above, who departed this life the 7th day of October 1743 aged 27 years. Here also lieth the body of Mathew Duffy son to the above who departed this life the 10th September 1745 aged 30 years. Here also lieth the body of ? Duffy daughter to the above who departed this life 3rd day of November 1745 aged 23 years. Here also lieth the body of Peter Duffy, son to the above, who departed this life the 1st November 1752 aged 27 years. This stone was erected by Margrett Duffy, daughter, Anno Domini 1762.
46. DUNAN – This stone was erected by Patrick Dunan of Drogheda wherein lieth his father and mother. Also two of his children in the year 1785
47. DUNNE – In loving memory of James Dunne, Hamlinstown, Monasterboice died 27th September 1958. His wife Annie died 9th June 1992. His sister Mary Ann died 4th April 1977. His son Jamsie died 9th July 1941. His daughter Mary died 4th February 1947. His parents Peter and Elizabeth Dunne. His brothers Patrick, interred in New York, and Thomas in Ballymakenny.
48. DURNIN – see McCULLIN.
49. ELIOT – Jane Eliot erected this stone in memory of her husband Michael Flanagan who died in 1797 aged 42 years.
50. ELLIOTT – Erected by Margaret Elliott of Drogheda in memory of her father Simon Elliott of Drogheda who departed this life in the year 1811. Also in memory of her mother Mary Elliott who departed this life the 21st January 1825
51. ELLIOTT – This burial place belonges to John Elliott where lies his father and mother 1781.
52. FARLY – see DOGIT.
53. FINNEGAN – see LANE.
54. FINNEGAN – see ELIOT.
55. FITZSIMONS – see MATTHEWS.
56. FLANAGAN – Elizabeth Flanagan do erect this monument sacred to the memory of my beloved husband Edward Flanagan of Drogheda, Seed Merchant, who in the 68th year of his age has exchanged time for eternity the 4th February 1814. Also my nephew Richard Flanagan who died 23rd December 1809. Likewise my ancestors Charles Blunt of Sheepgrange Esq. and his family whose remains rest here.
57. FLANAGAN – Erected by Patrick Flanagan, Blacksmith, in memory of his father Thomas Flanagan who died 5th February 1824 aged 60 years. Also his mother Jane Flanagan who died 17th December 1845 aged 75 years.
58. FLOYD – In loving memory of my dear parents Mary Floyd, Kellystown, Slane died 14th February 1934 and Richard Floyd died 1st February 1944. Their son Oliver died in Derby, England 1st December 1987 aged 67. Their son Patrick died 27th March 1990 aged 67. Erected by their son Patrick.
59. FOX – This stone and burial place belongeth to Thomas Fox, Weaver, Drogheda wherein lieth the body of his father and also lieth the body of his wife Mea Cunigam and her father and mother.
60. GORMAN – see DALY.
61. GORMAN – see McQUILLAN.
62. GORMAN – Erected by John Gorman, Woodfarm, in memory of his wife Eliza who died 26th December 1934. Also his father, mother, brothers and sisters and the above John who died 27th June 1954.
63. GORMAN -- In loving memory of Hugh and Catherine Gorman.
64. GUGARTY – Erected AD1819 by Thomas Gogarty of Drogheda in memory of his son James who died the 7th March 1815 aged 13 years.
65. GUINNITY – In loving memory of James Guinnity died May 1900. Elizabeth Guinnity died December 1909. Margaret Timmons died May 1911 Patrick Timmons died November 1914 Mary Catherine Timmons died 31st January 1960.
66. HEELY – This monument was erected by Mr. Robert Heely of Dowth where lies the body of his father James Heely died August the 7th 1760 aged 75 years. Also the body of Mr. Laurance Heely died May the 13th 1769 aged 36 years. Also the body of Mrs. Bridget Heely late wife to the above named Robert Heely died May the 12th 1777 aged 64 years. And also the remains of Mr. Robert of Drogheda who departed
67. HEENEY – Erected by Mathew Thomas Heeney in memory of his father William Heeney who departed this life 9th January 1800 aged 52 years.
68. HOEY – In loving memory of Catherine Hoey Monknewtown died 21st August 1974 aged 86 years .
69. HOEY – In memory of Michael Hoey, Knowth, who died 9th May 1935 and also his sister Mary who died 26th May 1906 and his wife Annie who died 30th March 1951. Their sons Patrick died 6th November 1961 and James died 24th June 1969. Their daughter Ellen died 15th February 1970. Joseph died 27th November 1972 and Thomas died 27th January 1973.
70. HOEY – see REYNOLDS.
71. JOHNSON – Burial place of the Johnsons of Rosnaree since 1700. Here lies in peace Anita O’Connor ( nee Johnson ) her brother Charles Johnson, their father, mother, grandparents generations back.
72. JOHNSON – This stone and burial place belongeth to Charles Johnson of Rosnaree and his posterity. Here lieth the body of his daughter Rose Johnson who departed this life May 4th 1768 aged 24 years.
73. KELLY – In hoc signes vinces. Erected by Peter Kelly of Drogheda to the memory of his son James Peter Kelly who died of Typhus fever in Thomas Street on the 11th February 1848 aged 27 years. From the life which he has led his afflicted parents and brothers trusthe has died the death of the just.
74. KELLY – In memory of Patrick Kelly of the town of Drogheda, Marriner, in memory of his posterity. Also the above Patrick Kelly who departed this life the 12th day of August 1844 aged 60 years. Here also lies the remains of his sister Mrs. Judith Smith who departed this life the 21st November 1851 aged 58 years.
75. KELLY – Here lyeth the body of Walter Kelly, late of Drogheda, Miller, who departed this life 1756 aged 60 years. Here also lyeth 5 of his children. This stone was erected by his son Thomas Kelly of Sa—Town where also lyeth two of his children. Here also lyeth the body of the above Thomas Kelly who departed this life the 23rd February 1776 aged 43 years.
76. KELLY – Erected 1863 by Mary and Bess Kelly in memory of their father and mother James and Margaret Kelly of Proudfootstown and also their brother James.
77. KELLY – This stone was erected by John Kelly and his wife Mary Kelly. Here lieth the body of his father Tom Kelly who died in ye year 1741 aged 49 years. Also his mother Cate Kelly. Al Byrne died in 1771 aged 85 years.
78. LANE – In memory of James Lane Monknewtown died 6th January 1952 and his wife Mary died 2nd April 1967. Patrick Finnegan died 20th March 1940 and his wife Rose Ann died 7th April 1946. Their son Thomas died 8th December 1921.
79. LINNAN – This stone and burial place belongeth to Patrick Linnan of Newtown, Duleek and his posterity. Here lieth the body of his father Peter Linnan who departed this life February 1st 1748 aged 84 years. Also the body of his mother Margaret Linnan who departed this life November 21st 1743 aged 64 years.
80. LITTLE – This stone was erected by Michael Little of Townley Hall, Gardener, AD1781. Here lieth his father, two of his brothers and two of his children. Also the above Michael who died 11th October 1790 aged 55. Renewed by his son John in 1844 in memory of his daughter Mary Little who departed this life the 25th June 1840 aged 36 years.
81. MAGRANE – Underneath this stone lies the remains of Mary Magrane who departed this life aged upward of 70 years. Her simplicity of manners and extreme good nature gained her the universal love of her acquaintainces and at the same time that her uncommon fidelity and honesty commanded their respect.
82. MAGRANE – Here lieth the body of Sylvester Magrane who died February the 3rd 1763 aged 47 years.
83. MAGUIRE – Here lieth the body of Patrick Maguire , ? , of Sheephouse died Anno 1735 aged 55. Also the body of Mary his wife who died in the year 1758 aged 69 years and five of their children. This stone erected by Laurance Maguire of Drogheda for himselfe and family.
84. MAHON – Here lieth the body of Judith Mahon who departed this life 2nd December 1776 aged 66 years. Erected by her son Thomas Mahon of Drogheda. 85. MARRON – see DREW.
86. MARRY – In memory of Thomas Marry of Kellystown who died 22nd August 1870 and his sister Catherine who died 2nd September 1895. Also their niece Maggie Marry who died 20th April 1881 aged 18 years.
87. MARRY – Erected by Patrick Marry in memory of his father Joseph Marry who died November 1826 aged 74 years. Also his mother Judith who died September 18th 1829 aged 56 years. And also his brother Austin Marry who died August 1826 aged 33 years and his beloved wife Margaret who died 6th December 1866. The above named Patrick died 11th July 1868.
88. MARRY – In fond and loving memory of Joseph Marry, Kellystown House, Slane who died 4th February 1927 aged 70 years and his wife Elizabeth who died 15th May 1946 aged 88 years. Their daughter Mrs. Margaret Berrill died 18th March 1950. Their son Anthony Marry died 20th July 1962. His wife May died 26th May 1963. Pray for the soul of Angela Marry who died 11th August 1910 aged 15 years. Pray for the soul of Phillip Marry who died 11th January 1922 aged 28 years.
89. MARTIN – see DALY.
90. MARTIN – This stone was erected by Patrick Martin of Drogheda, Weaver, in memory of his father William Martin who departed this life the 26th March 1796 aged 65 years. Here also lieth three of his brothers and also his grandfather Patrick Martin who died December 1762 aged 60 years. Also his grandmother Catherine Martin who departed this life in November 1775 aged 73 years.
91. MATTHEWS – Erected by John Edward Matthews, Woodfarm, in loving memory of his father John who died 8th October 1954. The above John Edward Matthews who died 29th October 1995.
92. MATTHEWS – Erected by John Matthews, Woodfarm, in loving memory of his wife Mary Catherine who died 6th July 1947.
93. MATTHEWS – Erected by John Matthews, Woodfarm, in memory of his father James who died 14th August 1918 aged 82 years.
94. MATTHEWS – Erected by Paul Matthews, Woodfarm, in memory of Matthew ( Matty ) Fitzsimons Crewbawn, Slane who died 17th March 1995 aged 91 years.
95. McARDLE – In loving memory of James McArdle, Monknewtown who died ? . His son Edward who died August 1938 and his wife Annie who died 28th March 1945.
96. McCOANE – This stone and burial place belongeth to Hew McCoane and Patrick McCoane and their posterity. Underneath lyeth the body of the above Hu and his father Bryan McCoane who departed this life April the 21st 1749 aged 60. Also here lyeth the body of Elenor McCoane wife of the above Bryan McCoane who departed this life November the 10th 1759 aged 68 years.
97. McCULLIN – This stone and burial place belongeth to Thomas McCullin. Also interred here John Clarke and his wife Mary. Phillip Durnin died 30th December 1934. Angela Taaffe died 2nd August 1924.
98. McGENNIS – This stone and burial place belongeth to William McGennis of Monknewtown where lieth his father Thomas McGennis who died 7th November 1761 aged 59 years. Also his mother.
99. McGOVASK – This stone was erected by Mr.Richard McGovask of Dublin in memory of his father John McGovask who departed this life 4th March 1804 aged 58 years. Also his mother Mary McGovask who departed this life 7th April 1797 aged 38 years.
100. McGRANE – Here lyeth the body of George McGrane died February 29th 1709.
101. McGUINNESS – In memory of Annie McGuinness died 28th July 1928. Her husband Thomas died 18th February 1935. Their daughter Rose died 9th April 1954. Their son Thomas died 23rd December 1958. Their twin son David died 20th November 1983.
102. McGUINNESS – Of your charity pray for the happy repose of the soul of Catherine McGuinness of Monknewtown who died November 1863 aged 60 years. Also for the soul of her son James who died February 10th 1872 aged 45 years.
103. McKENNA – Erected by Mathew and James McKenna of Loughboy in the parish of Tullyallen for their posterity. Here lieth the body of Patrick McKenna son to the above Mathew who departed this life April 1802 aged 46 years.
104. McKOWEN – This stone was erected by Mary McKowen of Drogheda in memory of her husband Bernard McKowen who departed this life the 27th June 1795 aged 38 years. Here also lieth his father Patrick McKowen who died 1789.
105. MCONNELL – This stone and burial place belongs to Patrick Mconnell of Matogg Bridge. Here lieth the body of Catherine Mconnell wife to the above Patrick Mconnell who departed this life ye 18th day of November 1762 aged 82 years.
106. McQUILLAN – Erected by Patrick McQuillan of Rossin in memory of his beloved wife Bridget who died 6th April 1876 aged 40 years. Also his son James who died 26th October 1862 aged 7 years. Also the above named Patrick who died 8th October 1895 aged 75 years. This stone is also in loving memory of Nicholas McQuillan, Dowth, son of the above named Patrick and Bridget McQuillan who died 10th November 1936 aged 72 years and who is interred here. Also in memory of Patrick and George McQuillan and Mrs.Mary Stafford and Mrs.Bridget Gorman who died in America. Other children of the above named Patrick and Bridget McQuillan.
107. MERYMAN – see CARROLAN.
108. MITCHELL – In loving memory of Anthony Mitchell, Rossin who died 24th December 1947 aged 40. His wife Mary B. ( Dolly ) died 20th September 1993 aged 81 years.Their son Charles died 21st July 1949 aged 3. Their daughter Gabrielle died 13th July 13th July 1994 aged 53.
109. MOHAN – Erected by Patrick Mohan of Drogheda in memory of his beloved wife Mary Mohan who died 2nd April 1837 aged 34 years and four of his children who died young. Also his father Owen Mohan who lies interred here. Also of the above named Patrick Mohan who departed this life the 9th of April 1855 aged 64 years.
110. MOORE – In loving memory of John Moore, Stackallan, who died 28th October 1946 also his wife Bridget who died 5th June 1968 aged 102 years.
111. MULLAN – This stone and burial place belongeth to Thomas Mullan, Mason, of Painstown. Here lyeth the body of John Mullan who departed this life April 23rd 1745 aged 56 years. Here also lyeth the body of Luke Mullan son to the above said John Mullan and brother to the above Thomas Mullan who departed this life May 15th 1740 aged 21 years.
112. MULLEN – In loving memory of Mary Mullen, Sheepgrange, who died 7th May 1942 and her husband James died 9th November 1954.
113. MURPHY – see CALLAN.
114. MURRAY – This stone was erected by Thomas Murray of ? in memory of his father Owen Murray who departed this life January the 1st 1794 aged 54 years.
115. NUGENT – Here lieth the remains of James Nugent, Schoolmaster, late of the parish of Monknewtown who departed this life the 21st September 1794 aged 84 years.
116. O’CONNOR – see JOHNSON.
117. O’HIGGINS – Erected by M. O’Higgins in loving memory of her father Patrick Doonan, Dowth, who died 6th November 1917 aged 97 years. His aunt Betty Ogle and the Doonan Family.
118. O’NEILL – In loving memory of James O’Neill who died 8th November 1951 and his infant son Thomas died 16th February 1944. His wife Mary died 10th September 1973.
119. O’REILLY – In loving memory of Alfred O’Reilly, Dowth, died 21st November 1972 aged 73 and his wife Mary Bridget who died 21st September 1969 aged 73.
120. OGLE – Erected by Mary Agnes Ogle, Elland House, Dowth in memory of her beloved husband John Ogle died 4th September 1924 aged 70 years. Also his father James, his mother Margaret and his brothers Patrick and George. Mary Agnes Ogle died 12th July 1950 aged 84 years.
121. OGLE – see O’HIGGINS.
122. PHILLIPS – Here lieth the body of Cormick Phillips who departed this life 1740 aged 76 years. Also the body of Mary Phillips who departed this life April ye 7th 1755 aged 27 years.
123. POWDERLY – see DUFF.
124. REILLY – In loving memory of Josephine Reilly, Donore Road, who died 16th February 1957. Her husband Christopher who died 29th May 1994 aged 92 years.
125. REILLY – James Reilly.
126. REILLY – see RIELLY. 127. REYNOLDS – This burial place belongeth to Thomas Reynolds of Rosson. Here lies the body of his son Pat Reynolds who died 3rd March 1777 aged 26 years.
128. REYNOLDS – This stone and burial place belongeth to Patrick Reynolds and his posterity. Here also lies the body of Robort Reynolds his father and Margaret Reynolds his mother.
129. REYNOLDS – Erected by Margaret Reynolds in memory of her husband Patrick Reynolds of Coolfore who died in March 1846 aged 51 years. Of their daughter Catherine who died in March 1836 aged 12 years. The above named Margaret Reynolds died 3rd October 1853 aged 53 years. And their daughter Jane Hoey died 3rd of May 1857.
130. RIELLY – Erected by William Rielly in memory of his father William who died 1848. His mother Mary died 1849 and his brother John of Stagallen died January 28th 1905. Also Lizzie, daughter of John, who died young. Also his granddaughters Kate Reilly died 2nd May 1907 aged 25 years. Mary Reilly died 17th August 1916 aged 42 years. His grandson Mathew died 18th December 1925. His daughter-in-law Elizabeth Reilly died 3rd April 1928.
131. RUSSEL – Erected by Patrick Russel of Cashel for his posterity. Here lieth the body of the said Patrick who died November 12th 1802 in the 83rd year of his age. Also the body of his wife Mary who died December 28th in the 84th year of her age. Also the body of their daughter Mary Weldon, alias Russel, who died April 9th 1784 in the 33rd year of her age. And here also lieth the body of James Russel, son of the above Patrick Russel who died January 8th 1813 in the 66th year of his age.
132. RUSSELL – Sacred to the memory of Mr. John Russell, late of Cashel, who died February 12th in the year of our Lord 1816. Commemorative also of his mother Mrs. Mary Russell who died at Cashel on the 9th of February 1818.
133. SHERLOCK – This stone and burial place belongeth to John Sherlock of Corbally, Farmer. Here lyeth the body of his father Patrick Sherlock and also his mother Ann Sherlock.
134. Sr HENRY – ( broken headstone ) lyeth the of Sr Henry children omini 1732.
135. SMITH – see KELLY.
136. SMITH – This stone was erected by Mr. Richard Smith of Ballyfaddock for him and his posterity.Where underneath lyeth the body of his father Mr.Henery Smith who departed this life the 28th day of March 1745 aged 62 years. As also the body of Mrs. Elizabeth Smith, wife to the above named Mr. Henry Smith, who departed this life the 20th day of May 1756 aged 61 years.
137. SMITH – Smith. 138. STAFFORD – see McQUILLAN.
139. STAFFORD – Sacred to the memory of Richard Stafford who died May 1902 aged 74 years. John Stafford who died 1916 aged 81 years and William Stafford who died September 1916 aged 83 years.
140. STAFFORD – Erected 1808 by John Stafford = in memory of his father John Stafford who departed this life 1800 aged 55 years. Also his wife Anne Stafford ( more ).
141. SULLIVAN – Of your charity pray for the soul of Margaret Sullivan who died August 2nd 1905 aged 60 years.
142. SULLIVAN – Of your charity pray for the soul of Thomas Sullivan who died December 2nd 1903 aged 60 years. Also his brother James Sullivan who died 22nd February 1913 aged 85 years.
143. SULLIVAN – Erected by Patrick Sullivan of Knowth in memory of his beloved son Christopher Sullivan who departed this life 6th March 1841 in the 16th year of his age. And here also are deposited the remains of his beloved son John Sullivan who departed this life 16th March 1846 aged 25 years. And in memory of Anne the beloved wife of the above named Patrick Sullivan who died 3rd July 1877 aged 84 years. And of the above named Patrick Sullivan who died on the 26th June 1878 aged 90 years. Also of Richard Sullivan of Alexanderadi, son of the above named Anne and Patrick Sullivan who died on the 6th December 1884 aged 64 years. Also Anne wife of Richard Sullivan who died 8th March 1901 aged 76 years.
144. TAAFFE – see McCULLIN.
145. TEIRNON – This stone was erected by John Teirnon of Drogheda, Tanner. Here lieth one of his children 1784.
146. TERNAN – Erected by Patrick Ternan, Greenhills, Drogheda in memory of his mother Margaret. Of his sisters Anne and Judith Mary, of his father Patrick Ternan who died 16th November 1867 and of his brother Laurance who died 4th July 1872. Also the above named Patrick, late of L;istoke, who died 8th January 1891. Also in memory of his beloved children Mary Cecilia and Elizabeth and of his beloved wife Elizabeth who died 19th February 1878. Also of his brother John who died 17th September 1889 and also of his sons Thomas R. who died 12th February 1896, Patrick W. who died 26th October 1902. Florence Mary wife of John F. Ternan, Greenhills, who died 4th November 1897.
147. TIMMONS – see GUINNITY.
148. Ui LANNAIN – Guidh ar anam Chordneil Patraic Ui Lannain.
149. WALSH – In loving memory of Michael Walsh, Dowth, who died 20th December 1970. His parents Patrick and Catherine, his brothers John and Richard. His wife Bridget died 29th January 1987 aged 89.
150. WARD – In loving memory of Laurance Ward, Monknewtown, who died 13th June 1923. His wife Annie who died 22nd February 1949 and their daughter Christine died 22nd September 1942 and their son Matt died 17th August 1947. Joseph died 18th April 1976. Thomas died 27th May 1985. Patrick died 27th September 1994.
151. WELDON – see RUSSEL.
152. WHITE – Erected by Patrick White, Dowth, in loving memory of his father Thomas died 13th November 1893 aged 59 years. His mother Margaret died 8th December 1894 aged 51 years. Also their son Patrick died 12th July 1945 aged 74 years. Also his granddaughter Winifred died 11th April 1960 aged 16 years. His wife Mary died 24th April 1977 aged 86 years.
153. WHITE – Erected by Thomas White, Littlegrange, in loving memory of his father James died 23rd December 1928 aged 58 years. His mother Mary Jane died 3rd May 1929 aged 50 years. Also their children Gerrord and Patrick who died young.
154. WHITE – Erected by Margaret White in memory of her beloved husband Thomas White of Drogheda who departed this life 3rd December 1837 aged 27 years. Also two of her children Hugh and Margaret who died young.